High School Spanish Teacher
Date Posted: December 5, 2022
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to employment@
No phone calls, please.
The Washington Waldorf School, located in Bethesda, Maryland, is seeking a native
speaking experienced full-time High School Spanish teacher beginning July 2023.
Teaching responsibilities include:
- Teaching Spanish by grade for grades 8-12.
- Teaching additional semester-long courses and electives, grades 9-12.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Classroom teaching, including class preparation and grading.
- Working with adolescents with a variety of learning differences and levels of skill
- and ability.
- Advising up to 8 students (includes parent meetings and college preparation).
- Sponsoring a class (includes class activities, weekly class forums, attending
- parent evenings).
- Faculty meetings and committee work.
- Curriculum development.
- Professional development and Waldorf training.
- Participate in planning and chaperoning student trips & activities (incl. field trips,
- school dances, a weeklong trip in May, possibly a weeklong trip in September).
- Attend and assist in school events and fundraising.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and parents.
- Manage and maintain classroom(s), physical spaces, equipment and supplies.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Spanish, or higher, and teaching
experience. Advanced degree, high school teaching experience, and Waldorf teaching
credentials are preferred. If coming without Waldorf teaching credentials, the applicant
will be required to take additional professional development/Waldorf training.
This position offers our full benefits package, which includes health, disability, and life
insurance; dental reimbursement; retirement plan (after 1 year of employment); optional
dental, vision, and illness/accident insurance; professional development support; and
tuition remission for the teacher’s children attending WWS.
Washington Waldorf is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive
workforce, and we welcome applications from all interested individuals.