Our Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Our school campus was closed for classes and events as of March 12th, 2020. Within the week, faculty and staff worked with whirlwind speed to coordinate bags for each student with their belongings, materials, lessons etc. to facilitate remote learning. Remote learning (some online, some facilitated through other means) began on Wednesday, March 18th. See some of the creative ways that our community connected during lockdown.
The 2020-2021 School Year
WWS reopened with a staged, hybrid approach, combining remote and on campus learning. Over the course of the fall we brought more and more students back on campus. Grades 1-12 were entirely remote for the period between Thanksgiving and early January but by late January, all classes were back on campus. We maximized outside time on our spacious campus. Strict health and safety protocols are followed at all times.
The 2021-2022 School Year
Current Practices & Protocols:
- We are holding in person school, on campus, every school day. Remote learning will be considered only in the event of closure / quarantine or possibly as a formal accommodation for a documented short term disability.
- All eligible people are encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19, per public health advice.
- Masks are required for everyone indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks are generally optional outdoors for those students in grade 7 and older who are fully vaccinated, and for faculty, coaches, tutors and instructors who are fully vaccinated. Masks will continue to be required outdoors for all others, including students in Grade 6 and younger, parents, and visitors to campus.
- Daily health screening is required for any student or faculty member coming onto campus. Anyone who has any symptom of illness must stay home.
- Weekly COVID-19 screening testing is done for all students and faculty on campus.
- Ventilation in the building is optimized through HVAC settings, air filters, and open windows.
- Pods will be kept separate indoors, and will be able to share playground space to some extent outdoors.
- Access to the building and campus during the school day will be limited to faculty, students, and others only as invited onto the campus for official and professional purposes.
- Student desks and workstations will be placed a minimum of 3 feet apart. -We will practice good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- We continue to clean surfaces regularly.
- We continue to work collaboratively with the Local Health Department, and follow their instructions