Ways to Give
The Washington Waldorf School is a non-profit organization under Section 501(c)3 of the IRS code. Our tax identification number is 23-7003486. Thank you for your support!
Other Ways to Give:
Pledge your gift by calling the Development Office at 301-229-6107 or by emailing the Director of Development. Gifts must be paid in full by June 30 of the current school year.
Amazon Smile: If you’re shopping from home this week, please consider adding us as an Amazon Smile partner. It costs nothing to you and is an ongoing help to the Washington Waldorf School.
Convert your WWS refundable deposit. You may convert all or part of your refundable deposit balance to a gift at any time. Contact the Development Director by email for a conversion form. Please note that any outstanding balances on your WWS account will need to be paid first.
Donating Securities. If you wish to make a donation of stock, please alert the WWS Development Office.
- Your broker will need the Washington Waldorf School account number at Wells Fargo Advisors (8085-2335) and the DTC number (0141). The WWS Wells Fargo Advisors agent is Michael Knowles. Mr. Knowles can be reached at 631-514-9494.
- Please plan ahead as transactions may take up to five (5) business days to complete. The transfer must take place prior to December 31st in order for it to be recorded as a donation in this tax year. Therefore we recommend that you initiate the stock/security transfer no later than December 24.
Susan Anderson Nash Fund
Susan Anderson Nash was a beloved WWS Children’s Garden teacher who passed away unexpectedly in 2007 after a long illness. The Susan Anderson Nash Fund (SAN) was established in her memory to provide financial support to students applying to our high school.
Any high school student (including rising 9th graders) at WWS whose family applies for financial aid and qualifies for assistance beyond our regular 50% cap, has their full need met by a combination of regular financial aid and a grant from SAN funds.
The following describes the process for receiving SAN funds:
- The high school (or raising ninth grade) family must apply for tuition assistance through SSS, our regular financial aid process.
- Families whose financial aid exceeds the WWS 50% financial aid cap, will automatically receive additional funds through SAN to meet their high school child’s full need.
- Families receiving SAN funds will be notified of the amount at the same time they receive their financial aid award.
We are grateful to be able to offer this additional financial assistance to our high school families in honor of Susan’s contribution to our school community to offer more students the crowning experience of a full Waldorf education.
Please contact Chiedza Mozonde with questions about the Susan Anderson Nash Fund.