This Instagram-based site provides excellent resources and does fundraising for families or individuals in need. It is particularly great for parents of school-aged children, and for teachers:
The African American History Museum's website - Talking about Race
Articles on raising anti-racist children:
Racism 101 - Self-development for all
This site is a great all-around resource- and the vocabulary list would be really helpful for people who feel lost and need to catch up to speed with this movement:
Showing up for racial justice, another good source of material to read:
This web-based workbook was originally designed to support the Dismantling Racism Works 2-day basic workshop. The workbook is now offered as a resource to the community.
Anti-racism Statement & Resources (6.7.20)
The Leadership Council for Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice at WWS joins with protesters across the world demanding an end to systemic anti-Black racism and the murder of Black people in the hands of the police. Our Council's mission weighs heavily in this moment. We remain committed to the important work of lifting up marginalized voices. This work rests on undoing the many ways in which whiteness is privileged in our society — whiteness, as James Baldwin noted, being a metaphor for power, for who and what is deemed to hold worth, and hence influence, for whose lives, histories, and experiences are prioritized, seen, and heard.
We ask our community to join in these efforts as we continue next year creating spaces to deepen our own learning and in advocating for institutional transformation around equity and social justice at WWS. A hub for social justice resources will soon be available here. In this moment as we stand with Black Lives Matter, we offer here these supportive tools in the ongoing critical work of anti-racist practice:
- Taking about Race, a new portal offered through the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice, The Justice Initiative
- An open letter to my nonblack friends: My life matters more than your comfort, Washington Post, June 3rd
- Interactive Webinar for Anti-Racist White People, offered in July by Raising Race Conscious Children.
- Listen to Ibram X. Kendi, on how to be an Anti-Racist
- Listen to Seeing White podcast series
- Read Q&A: How to Talk to Kids About Black Lives and Police Violence
- What I Learned as a Young Black Political Speaker in Liberal White Austin from Texas Monthly