The Washington Waldorf School employs teachers with a love of students and teaching. We seek teachers with experience and training in Waldorf education and an abiding interest in the foundational philosophy of the school. We also welcome teachers new to Waldorf education if they have a serious interest in developing themselves as Waldorf teachers. Specific qualifications for positions will be listed with individual job postings.
Full Time High School Teacher: Math with Technology/Science (Posted January 22, 2015)
- Teach grades 9-12
- Teach year-long skills courses & some 3-4 week block courses
- Teach full range of high school math topics, and some science and/or technology topics
- Other duties include student advising, curriculum development & professional development, faculty meetings & committees, communication with parents, student trips/activities
- Participate in life of independent school, including school events
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
- Will work with adolescents with a variety of learning styles and different levels of skill and ability
- July 2015 start date
- Bachelor’s degree and teaching experience required *applications that do not meet this minimum requirement will not be considered*
- Advanced degree, high school teaching experience and Waldorf teaching credentials preferred
- If coming without Waldorf teaching credentials, will be required to participate in additional professional development
Pay & Benefits
- FT salary
- Health insurance with HSA
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Tuition remission
To apply please email cover letter and resume or C.V. to Marie Maurer. No phone calls please.
Operations Manager (Posted December 8, 2014)
Washington Waldorf School invites applications for the position of Operations Manager. This position works with the Faculty Chair to develop and manage financial activities, administrative functions, human resource policies, facilities maintenance, adherence to state and local safety and insurance regulations, and information technology support. The position reports to the Faculty Chair, is a member of the Chairs Group, and works closely with the Trustees Council, including attending regular meetings with the Trustees Council Treasurer and Finance Committee. Applicants must hold a college degree, and have experience in business, finance, and accounting. Waldorf School experience and an MBA or CPA is preferred. More information can be emailed upon request. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Marie Maurer.
First Grade Teacher (posted December 1, 2014)
Application deadline, January 31, 2015
Washington Waldorf School is seeking a First Grade Teacher for the 2014-15 school year, to begin in July of 2015. Candidates must have a four year college degree and Waldorf Elementary Certification. Our experienced faculty includes two full time eurythmists, spatial dynamics instructor, handwork and woodwork teachers, choral and instrumental musicians, and a Spanish teacher, as well as middle school English and math specialists. We also employ a Lower School substitute teacher. We offer mentoring and speaking partners and offer ongoing teacher professional development opportunities.
WWS offers a full Waldorf education, parent/infant through 12th grade, and is fully accredited by AWSNA and Middle States. We are also in the process of securing our AIMS accreditation as well. In addition, starting in the 2015-16 school year, we hope to offer a Waldorf Forest Kindergarten. WWS is a founding member of AWSNA and is celebrating its 45 birthday this year. We offer a salary that is competitive with other Waldorf schools and an outstanding benefit package including full tuition remission for children of full time salaried employees, dental and medical coverage, and a retirement plan.
WWS is minutes from Washington, DC. There is excellent public transportation and many free cultural events. All Smithsonian museums are free of charge as well as many of the interesting events offered around the city. In the Washington, DC area it is also possible to easily get to the Potomac River for kayaking and hiking. The Atlantic Ocean is about 2.5 hours away, and the Blue Ridge Mountains are also within easy reach. It is an easy train ride to Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, and Boston.
If you would like to join our exceptional faculty, please send or email a resume and cover letter, brief biographical sketch, and three references to: Marie Maurer, Washington Waldorf School, 4800 Sangamore Road, Bethesda, MD 20816. No phone calls please.