The Washington Waldorf School employs teachers with a love of students and teaching. We seek teachers with experience and training in Waldorf education and an abiding interest in the foundational philosophy of the school. We also welcome teachers new to Waldorf education if they have a serious interest in developing themselves as Waldorf teachers. Specific qualifications for positions will be listed with individual job postings.
The Washington Waldorf School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Operations Manager (Posted October 12, 2016)
WWS invites applications for the position of Operations/Business Manager. This position works with the Faculty Chair to develop and manage financial activities, administrative functions, human resource policies, facilities maintenance, adherence to state and local safety and insurance regulations, and information technology support. The position reports to the Faculty Chair, and works closely with the Trustees Council, including attending regular meetings with the Trustees Council Treasurer and Finance Committee. Applicants must hold a college degree, have experience in business, finance, and accounting, and be proficient in QuickBooks and Excel. Good interpersonal skills are a necessity, and experience working in a Waldorf school or other independent school is preferred. More information available on upon request. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Grade 9 Algebra Adjunct Teacher (Posted September 2, 2016)
WWS is seeking an adjunct teacher for Grade 9 algebra. The adjunct will teach one section (approx. 6-12 students) of Algebra 1 course for grade 9, using the textbook Making Math Meaningful: A 9th Grade Workbook, by Jamie York, http://www.jamieyorkpress.com/making-math-meaningful-a-9th-grade-workbook/.
Teacher will form his/her own lesson plans, and colleagues will be available for consultation. Class hours are: Mondays 11:45-12:30; Tuesdays 2:05-2:50; Wednesdays 10:55-11:40; Thursdays 2:05-2:50. Payment is $40 per class session; $15/ hour for any school meeting(s), which will be arranged as-needed by mutual agreement. Grades and narrative reports describing course and student progress are due in January and June; simple interim report required if a student earning below a “C.” Requirements include a minimum of Bachelor’s degree, teaching experience, and background check (performed at hire) required. Experience working with adolescents and background in Waldorf education preferred. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Science / Math / Technology Teacher (Full or Part Time, and/or Internship) (Posted November 30, 2015)
WWS is seeking seeking part time to full time teacher(s) for some combination of science, math, and/or technology in anticipation of transitions in our high school teaching faculty over the next several years. Internship would also be a possibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher *applications that do not meet this minimum requirement will be discarded*
- Advanced degree, high school teaching experience and Waldorf teaching credentials preferred
- If coming without Waldorf teaching credentials, will be required to participate in additional professional development
Full time, full performance responsibilities include the following (scaled down for part time or internship)
- Work with adolescents with a variety of learning styles and different levels of skill and ability
- Teach year-long skills courses
- Teach 3-4 week block courses
- Act as individual advisor for up to 10 students (includes parent meetings, college recommendations)
- Sponsor a class (includes parent evenings, activities, weekly class forums)
- Curriculum development
- Professional development
- Faculty meetings and committees
- Participate in planning and chaperone student trips/activities (includes week-long trips in May, possibly a week-long trip in September)
- Attend and assist in school events and fundraising
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
- Manage and maintain classroom(s) and supplies
Pay & Benefits
- FT salary
- Health insurance with HSA
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Tuition remission
Interested? Apply and we can explore the possibilities! Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.