The Washington Waldorf School employs teachers with a love of students and teaching. We seek teachers with experience and training in Waldorf education and an abiding interest in the foundational philosophy of the school. We also welcome teachers new to Waldorf education if they have a serious interest in developing themselves as Waldorf teachers. Specific qualifications for positions will be listed with individual job postings.
The Washington Waldorf School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Assistants for Afternoon Program, 2 Positions (Posted August 14, 2016)
WWS is seeking two Afternoon Assistants for our Children's Garden Afternoon Program, 10 hours a week, from 1-3 p.m., Monday - Friday. Love of early childhood and experience working with young children is helpful. We are seeking individuals with some knowledge of Waldorf pedagogy and a desire to learn more. This is an hourly position without benefits, but it is an excellent introduction to the work of the kindergarten, and an opportunity for mentoring with experienced lead teachers. Please send a letter of interest and resume to to email@example.com and to the Children's Garden Chair.
High School Science / Math / Technology Teacher (Full or Part Time, and/or Internship) (Posted November 30, 2015)
WWS is seeking seeking part time to full time teacher(s) for some combination of science, math, and/or technology in anticipation of transitions in our high school teaching faculty over the next several years. Internship would also be a possibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher *applications that do not meet this minimum requirement will be discarded*
- Advanced degree, high school teaching experience and Waldorf teaching credentials preferred
- If coming without Waldorf teaching credentials, will be required to participate in additional professional development
Full time, full performance responsibilities include the following (scaled down for part time or internship)
- Work with adolescents with a variety of learning styles and different levels of skill and ability
- Teach year-long skills courses
- Teach 3-4 week block courses
- Act as individual advisor for up to 10 students (includes parent meetings, college recommendations)
- Sponsor a class (includes parent evenings, activities, weekly class forums)
- Curriculum development
- Professional development
- Faculty meetings and committees
- Participate in planning and chaperone student trips/activities (includes week-long trips in May, possibly a week-long trip in September)
- Attend and assist in school events and fundraising
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
- Manage and maintain classroom(s) and supplies
Pay & Benefits
- FT salary
- Health insurance with HSA
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Tuition remission
Interested? Apply and we can explore the possibilities! Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.