Curious, intellectually flexible, and highly creative, Washington Waldorf students are true independent thinkers, and emerge well-prepared for college and the world beyond.
Thank you for your interest in the Washington Waldorf School. We would be delighted to meet you, answer your questions about Waldorf education, and help you decide whether our school is right for your child and family.
To Request Information
For more information, or to request an application packet, please call our Enrollment Director, Lezlie Lawson, at 301-229-6107, x154. We also invite you to fill out our Admissions Inquiry Form.
When you request an admissions application and information packet, please provide your name, your child's name, your child's date of birth, and the grade that he/she is currently enrolled in, your mailing address, and phone number.
Children's Garden Programs - Our programs for Young Children
- Moon Garden Program: Expectant mothers to infants
- Star Garden Program: Crawling to 2 years, 3 months of age
- Sun Garden Program: 2 years, 3 months to 3 years, 4 months of age at the time the program begins
- Nursery: 3 years by September 1
- Mixed-Age Kindergarten: 3 years by May 1
First through Eighth Grade
- Lower School: Children must turn 6 years of age by May 31 in order to be considered for entry into first grade for the following September.
2012-13 School Year - Current Grade and Date of Birth Ranges:
- 1st grade: June 2005 – May 2006
- 2nd grade: June 2004 – May 2005
- 3rd grade: June 2003 – May 2004
- 4th grade: June 2002 – May 2003
- 5th grade: June 2001 – May 2002
- 6th grade: June 2000 – May 2001
- 7th grade: June 1999 – May 2000
- 8th grade: June 1998 – May 1999