Curious, intellectually flexible, and highly creative, Washington Waldorf students are true independent thinkers, and emerge well-prepared for college and the world beyond.
Thank you for your interest in the Washington Waldorf School. We would be delighted to meet you, answer your questions about Waldorf education, and help you decide whether our school is right for your child and family.
To Request Information
For more information, or to request an application packet, please call our Enrollment Director, Lezlie Lawson, at 845-323-5893 (her temporary number during our summer renovations). We also invite you to fill out our Admissions Inquiry Form.
When you request an admissions application and information packet, please provide your name, your child's name, your child's date of birth, and the grade that he/she is currently enrolled in, your mailing address, and phone number.
Children's Garden Programs - Our programs for Young Children
- Moon Garden Program: Expectant mothers to 10 months old
- Star Garden Program: 10 months to 2 years
- Sun Garden Program: 2 years to 3 years
- Seedlings: 2 years by September 1
- Nursery: 3 years by September 1 (must be toilet trained)
- Mixed-Age Kindergarten: 2 years, 8 months of age upon entry in September, to 6 years
First through Eighth Grade
- Lower School: Children must turn 6 years of age by May 31 in order to be considered for entry into first grade for the following September.
2015-2016 School Year
Grade as of September 2015 and Date of Birth Ranges:
- 1st grade: June 2008 – May 2009
- 2nd grade: June 2007 – May 2008
- 3rd grade: June 2006 – May 2007
- 4th grade: June 2005 – May 2006
- 5th grade: June 2004 – May 2005
- 6th grade: June 2003 – May 2004
- 7th grade: June 2002 – May 2003
- 8th grade: June 2001 – May 2002