Lower School Chair
Date Posted: June 2, 2022
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to employment@
No phone calls, please.
We are seeking a Lower School Chair effective immediately. This is a full time, year round, salaried position with responsibilities split between work as LS Chair at 75% and teaching at 25%.
We seek a strong communicator who is able to maintain an on-going and collaborative relationship with all school departments and members of the community. The individual must practice the principles of servant leadership by positively influencing and working with others to meet the needs of the Lower School.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and realize strategic visions in collaboration with other school leadership, including faculty, administration, board and committees.
- Facilitate communication between parents, faculty and administration.
- Have the ability to represent the goals and needs of the department to the College of Teachers.
- Have the ability to prioritize work concerning DEISJB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Social Justice and Belonging).
- Delegate and oversee committee work.
- Serve as a member of the College of Teachers.
- Serve as a member of the Chairs Group.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Certified Waldorf Teacher with Waldorf teaching experience.
- Demonstrated capacity in a leadership role in an educational system.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including letter/article writing and public speaking.
- Organized in administrative work, as management of administration work is an important aspect of this position.