Faculty Chair/Head of School
Date Posted: September 29, 2023
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to employment@
No phone calls, please.
Washington Waldorf School (WWS), a vibrant, fully accredited pre-K through 12th grade
independent school, located in Bethesda, Maryland, is seeking a new Faculty Chair/Head of
School. We are looking for a proven leader, ready to foster the continued growth of the School
into the future.
Through collaborative leadership, the Faculty Chair/Head of School is responsible for facilitating
the work of the governance, faculty, administration, and community to achieve our strategic
Working closely with the College of Teachers, the Operations Manager, and the Trustees
Council, the successful candidate will:
- Be committed to the ideals of Waldorf education
- Have experience working in a Waldorf school and preferably be a trained Waldorf teacher and/or administrator
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Further the School’s vision and facilitate the implementation of the strategic plan and upcoming accreditation
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to foster an environment of social inclusion and diversity
- Oversee the School’s administration, including financial, legal, pedagogical, and operational matters
- Demonstrate a commitment to curriculum reflecting diversity and anti-racism
- As Faculty Chair, be able to work effectively with the College of Teachers, Trustees Council, Department Chairs, faculty, and staff
- As Head of School, represent the school to parents, the larger community, professional organizations, and support fundraising efforts.
WWS is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive community. As an equal opportunity
employer, we enthusiastically welcome all qualified applicants for employment consideration
without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion,
economic status, political affiliation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran’s status.
Compensation for this full time salaried position is based on experience and includes full tuition
remission, medical benefits, and a retirement plan.
A complete position description is available upon request.