Early Childhood Full-Time Assistant Teacher
Date Posted: November 10, 2023
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to employment@
No phone calls, please.
The Washington Waldorf School is seeking an assistant teacher to support our Children’s Garden, 2-3 year olds program, effective November 27, 2023.
This is a full-time hourly position from 7:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday through Friday with a paid lunch break, during the school year. Attendance at weekly department meetings as well as meeting with the classroom lead teacher will be required. Seasonal attendance at some full faculty meetings, parent teacher conferences, and some admissions events may be required. Benefits include paid “sick & safe” leave, five (5) days of PTO, as well as financial aid for teacher’s children attending the School.
Primary duties include:
- Assisting the Children’s Garden lead teacher in classroom set up and clean up, class activities, and supervising the children.
Requirements for the position include:
- Experience working with young children.
- Familiarity or strong interest in Waldorf education.
- Ability to meet Maryland Office of Child Care licensing requirements, including completion of yearly continuing education credits, and ability to pass a comprehensive Maryland criminal background check.
- Completion of OCC 90 hour training or equivalent. WWS provides assistance for the 90 hour course fees for new hires.
A bachelor’s degree and training in Waldorf early childhood education are preferred. Otherwise, we seek an assistant who is enthusiastic, energetic, and patient, with a strong commitment to Waldorf education and a desire to grow as a teacher.