There are many opportunities to participate at WWS, including working with the Parent Organization, volunteering in the classroom, supporting events like the Fall Bazaar and Spring Gala, serving on the Trustees Council or one of its committees, joining a handwork group or study group, and much more. The Parent Organization (PO) is an integral partner with faculty and staff in creating a healthy, vibrant school community.
Make friends, nurture yourself, and support our school:
- Attend PO events such as Craft & Conversation mornings, discussions with faculty members, and teas on the entrance plaza.
- Volunteer! Your presence and participation in school life adds warmth and examples of stewardship to our children’s educational experience. You will get back much more than you give, including deeper relationships with other parents, faculty, and staff.
At the Helm: The Parent Organization Steering Committee (POSC)
The PO is led by the POSC, ideally comprised of two to six members. The POSC:
- Builds community amongst parents
- Communicates the interests of the PO to the school’s administration and the Trustees Council
- Provides Waldorf-related educational opportunities for adults
- Supports the Festivals and Development Committees in producing school events
Get to know us! The 2019–20 POSC:
- Carolina Carvalho Cheida - email@example.com
- Susan Holdsworth - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Vakkur - email@example.com
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in joining the POSC for 2019-20? Fill out our inquiry form and leave it at the front desk!