Home

FAQ for Parents

Whom do I Contact?

Main telephone number: 301-229-6107

My child is ill today and won’t be at school.
Call the School by 8:30 a.m. to report the absence. Also report any contagious illness.

My child is (a few minutes, an hour, or any amount of time) late.
Send your child to the Front Office to check in. He or she may then go to class.

My child forgot his or her lunch (or instrument, or homework, etc).
You may deliver it to the Front Office and we will make sure it gets to your child.

I need to pick up my child early.
Go to the Front Office. We will get your child and record the early departure at the entrance counter.

I’d like to help in my child’s class.
Contact your child’s Class Teacher or Class Parent.

I’d like to make an appointment with my child’s Class Teacher.
Contact your child’s teacher directly.

I’d like to make an appointment with the Lower School Chair.
Contact Barbara Buchman, ext. 110.

I’d like to make an appointment with the Faculty Chair.
Contact Stacey Kornegay, Administrative Assistant ext. 121 or Jennifer Page, Faculty Chair, ext. 128.

I’d like to place an ad in the Bulletin.
Contact Steve Smith, Director of Advancement and Communications, ext. 123, ssmith@washingtonwaldorf.org.

I need more information about a class trip or a festival.
Contact Stacey Kornegay, LS Contact Person, ext. 121 or the Class Teacher.

I’d like to help in a specific area of the School; I’d like to help in the School, but am not sure where.
Contact the Parent Organization Steering Committee (through Steve Smith, ext. 123)

I have an issue that I think the Trustees Council should consider; I want to ascertain whether the Trustees Council is looking at a particular
issue.
Contact Trustees Council Chair, Allison Fultz, through the Administrative Assistant, Stacey Kornegay, ext 121

I have questions about how my child is doing in class, or about my child’s work; I don’t understand a classroom assignment; I want to know why or how a subject is being covered in class.
Contact the relevant teacher.

I need information on a foreign language, handwork, music, or other special subject.
Contact the specific subject teacher.

I am having trouble communicating with my child’s teacher; my child’s teacher is not dealing with a situation as I think it should be handled; or I am dissatisfied with the classroom curriculum or special subject.
Contact Barbara Buchman, Lower School Chair, ext. 110.

I have questions about an off-site facility; I want to know more about our current building design or safety issues; I have a concern about, or suggestion for, improving the campus design, parking, traffic, or other physical aspects.
Contact John Cox, Facilities Manager, ext. 126.

I have general questions about off-site activities or human resources practices.
Contact Marie Maurer, Business Office, ext. 122.

I have a personal question about a Trustee Council policy or decision; I want to suggest a potential candidate for Trustees Council membership.
Contact the Trustees Council Chair, Allison Fultz, through the Administrative Assistant, Stacey Kornegay, ext. 121

I want to know more about the Waldorf pedagogy; I want to learn more about the WWS mission, vision, and strategic plan; I have an idea about expanding one of our pedagogical programs off-campus; I have a pedagogical issue that I feel is not being addressed by my child’s teacher, the department chair, or WWS.
Contact Jennifer Page, Faculty Chair, ext. 128.

I need to change my tuition payment schedule; I need to check on or make a payment; I want to learn more about the refundable deposit.
Contact Marcia Leonard, Business Manager, ext. 112.

I need information on tuition assistance; I need help filling out the online application or other tuition assistance paperwork; I am having some financial difficulties and need to apply for emergency assistance.
Contact the Financial Aid Committee via Stacey Kornegay, Administrative Assistant to the Faculty Chair, ext. 121.