Lunch service will resume in September!
WWS is pleased to offer a full lunch service for all students, prepared by our very own Chef Eron. Our lunches are wholesome, balanced, and largely organic, not to mention delicious! We also offer vegetarian, vegan, dariy free, and gluten free options, and seconds are generally available. We deliver lunch to Children's Garden classes and to Grades 1-6. Students in Grades 7-12 get lunch from the cafeteria.
There are three ways to order lunch:
1. Order entire year in advance, for an annual savings of $90
2. Order monthly, at a cost of $6/meal (return monthly order forms to Stacey Kornegay)
3. "Walk-up" (without pre-order), at a cost of $7 payable in cash; we will not be running a lunch tab for walk ups.
Please note that we are no longer offering online lunch orders.
Yearly and monthly orders are payable through FACTS or by check. (We prefer payment through FACTS.)
Please contact Stacey Kornegay at 301-229-6107 x121 or by email if you have any questions.
Parent volunteers who help prepare and serve lunch are a vital part of our food service program. Not only do volunteers help moderate the cost of lunch, but they also have fun and build their cooking skills working with Chef Eron. Two volunteer shifts are available, from 8:30-11 a.m. or 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. All volunteers are entitled to eat lunch for free on the day they work. Alumni and alumni parents are also warmly welcomed to volunteer in the kitchen.
We're using VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming Sign-ups.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/FdDvzh
2. Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3. Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Maria Monteverde-Jackson, who can sign you up manually.